How i got my stage name - Small Doctor - GidiHit

Breaking

GidiHit

News, Education, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Trend, Fashion, Inspiration And Yes... Gossip!!!

Featured

Friday 8 September 2017

How i got my stage name - Small Doctor

Temitope Adekunle is his real name but he is well known as “Small Doctor”. The music star has done collabos with almost all of the top Artists in the industry including Olamide.
He is well known for his “Ain” slangs in his music.
The young chap who wanted to be an Aeronautical Engineer opens up on his music and reveals why he is called Small Doctor in this interview with BUKKY BAMGBOSEOYAWOYE.

How did music start for you?

I can’t say precisely, honestly I just found myself singing…it all happened suddenly
So, where did you get the inspiration?
I can’t really say this is where my inspiration comes from, I just found myself singing..

So how has the journey been?

I must confess that it has not been easy, now I believe the saying that nothing good comes easy, but since it is good, it would be easy but I thank God for the gift of life and so many things.

What were the challenges you faced when you just started?

I can’t start mentioning them, but there were lots of challenges and I thank God for vindicating me..

Were your parents in support of your going into music?

Never….

Your kind of music is different, what would you classify your genre of music as?

I call it Akeweje POP.

Tell me how you discovered yourself or were you discovered?

Those were times when musicians do sing in a bar in our next street every Sundays, one of them is called Master P, I go there regularly to listen to his music and watch his show, although I was very small then, and then I said to myself that I can do better, and then I would go back home and start singing, so I would say I discovered myself.

Which Nigerian artist have you had the best working experience with?

Every artiste I have worked with have given me different experience and orientation, so I can’t really be specific.
Your album, “Omo Iya Teacher” will be dropping soon, what should your fans be expecting?
It has already dropped and we have been receiving different comments from fans.

Why did you choose the name “Omo Iya Teacher”?

I dedicated it to my mum, she is a teacher and to the Glory of God, she now owns a school.
Do you see yourself as a fulfilled artiste? Do you know you were going to get to this level at this time in your career?
Hmmmmmmm, no one knows what God has in store for him or her, but to be sincere I feel like I am the person God loves most on earth.

What’s your relationship with Pasuma?

It’s been a great moment with Daddy ever since I met him, so it’s a father and son relationship.
What was the first song you did?
“Ema Kanra Momi”. Was my first single, produced by Penny Wise, a Producer close to our house then.

Do you have plans to change your style of music?

No.

You were nominated for Headies Award 2015, how did you feel when you saw it?

Yes, I always expect good things ,am always positive.
So, how did you feel when you were not announced as the winner?
Woooow, it motivated me a lot, I said to myself Akeweje buckle up…

What was your working experience with Reminisce?

It was kool, Alaga thanks always bro…
If you were not in music, what would you be doing ?
My ambition was to be an Aeronautic Engineer.
When people hear “Ain” in a song, they already know it’s small doctor, how did you get that slang?
I just found myself doing it and I think my fans love it and then I stuck to it.

How did you get the name Small Doctor?

Very interesting, it has been my nickname from way back, my Mom calls me Doctor cos she wanted me to be one and then my brother completed the whole drama by adding small to the doctor, because I was addicted to watching that TV series ‘Doctor Who’ that was how Small Doctor came into existence, so it was a name I got before I had started singing..

Tell me about your background?

I attended Aina Orosun Nursery & Primary School Agege, then OHS, Dopemu and from there, I hit the streets and music took over.

Culled from : city people magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment